Artists working in all media and living within a 150 mile radius of Greensburg/Pittsburgh, PA will be considered. Site-specific installations are welcome.
The Westmoreland is accepting proposals for Pop-Up Exhibitions. Pop-Up Exhibitions are held in the Robertshaw Gallery, adjacent to the lobby on the 1st floor. Opening receptions will coincide with one of the Museum’s Art on Tap (see item 5 to learn more about Art on Tap). If selected, artists will receive a confirmation email with exhibition dates and other relevant information.
1. Delivery: Work will need to be delivered on the Monday of the week of your exhibition opening 9am-5pm. You can make arrangements with Bonnie West.The Westmoreland is located at 221 N. Main Street, Greensburg, PA 15601. Please use the loading dock located on the north side of the building (on the corner of Academy Place and North Maple Avenue). Ring the doorbell and we will open the dock door for you.
2. Installation: All artwork should be ready to hang with proper installation hardware. If you have special installation requirements, please contact us to discuss those needs. The Museum will handle installation and lighting.
3. PR: The Museum will prepare a press release to announce all Pop-Up exhibitions in the Robertshaw Gallery. The Museum will promote the exhibitions on our website, Facebook page and other social media. Pop-up exhibitions will also be included in the monthly e-news, other email communications and triannual printed newsletter. Each artist will submit a sampling of high-resolution images, one month prior to their scheduled exhibition, that includes artist’s name, title of work, date and medium.
4. Signage: The Westmoreland will produce all labels, title signage, and text panels. Artist will supply label information for each work of art.
5. Reception: The reception to celebrate your exhibition will take place during The Museum’s monthly Art on Tap event which occurs on the second Friday of each month from 5–7pm. This event is very popular and draws a large crowd so your work will have great exposure. Admission to this event, which includes 2 drink tickets and light refreshments, is $9 members / $12 non-members online, and $10 members/ $15 non-members at the door. Each artist will receive 2 complimentary admission tickets.
6. Sales: If your work is available for purchase, please provide a complete price list at the time of delivery. All sales will be processed through the Museum Shop. A 6% sales tax will be included in the total price paid by the customer. A 20% commission on the retail sales price will be withheld by the Museum. A current W-9 must also be provided to the shop manager. Artists will receive a single payment for the net proceeds of all work sold within 30 days of the close of the exhibition. The Westmoreland will not be responsible for the storage of work that is sold. In some instances, artists may be responsible for arranging delivery of purchased artwork.
7. De-Installation: Will occur on the Monday following the close of the exhibition, 9am–5pm. Artists will be responsible to pick up their work.
Link to Robertshaw Gallery Floor Plan
*Note: Wall height = roughly 10 feet